2 Day Private Tour – Transfagarasan Highway and Hiking in Fagaras Mountains
Join us to a 2 day adventure private tour in Transylvanian Alps - Fagaras Mountains!
- 270 euro/person for a group of 2 - 4 people
- Overnight accommodation
- Food: 1 breakfast, 1 lunch pack, 1 dinner
- Driver/guide Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
Days of departure: Sunday – Thursday (during the week-ends it is too crowded on the road and in the gorge)
- Small-group tour
- Excellent value for money
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
What You Can Expect
We pick you up from your location in Brasov at 8:30 to start an authentic 2 day adventure program in Transylvanian Alps, driving on Transfagarasan Highway as know as "the Road to the Sky", "the Road to the Clouds", "the Best Driving Road in the World" and even "A spectacular Monument to Earth-Moving Megalomania"!
Transfagarasan road is open between July 1 - October 31!
We hike to Balea Waterfall - the highest step-waterfall in Romania, more than 60 metres tall. We visit Balea Lake, Vidraru Dam, Poienari Fortress, the real Vlad Tepes' Residential Castle - access to the citadel is made by climbing the 1,480 concrete stairs.
We hike on the epic Stan's Gorge – a 4 hours hiking trip on an impressive canyon with ladders and via ferrata or we hike on the main ridge of Fagaras Mountains starting from Balea Lake for about 4-6 hours.
We choose the hike depending of the weather forecast.
- The hike is a medium to hard one
- The route could be changed because of the weather conditions
- Compulsory equipment: waterproof hiking boots and clothes; warm clothes
- Complimentary pick-up is offered for this tour/activity
- The History Museum Piata Sfatului Square or from your location in Brasov. Our guide holds the sign "Meeting Point GUARANTEED DEPARTURES DAY TOURS”.